click to show more information

click to hide/show information About this Show

Liberally Stephanie Miller

News/Business. (2013) New. (CC) (Stereo)

NETWORK

DURATION
03:00:00

RATING
PG

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 107 (CURNT)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
704

PIXEL HEIGHT
480

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Israel 33, Stephanie Miller 22, Us 16, Greece 11, Hal Sparks 9, Michele Bachmann 8, Imf 8, Hal 8, America 7, Johnny 7, Cyprus 5, Stephanie 5, Vo 4, Edgar 3, Miss 3, Rebecca 3, Sam Stein 3, United States 3, Donald Rumsfeld 3, Gail 3,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  Current    Liberally Stephanie Miller    News/Business.   
   (2013) New. (CC) (Stereo)  

    March 22, 2013
    6:00 - 8:59am PDT  

6:00am
with bill press. this is the "bill press show." >> bill: hey who says politics isn't fun? i got to tell ya it was a lot of fun this week watching republicans throw each other under the bus. rick perry slamming john mccain, and sarah palin slamming carol rove, and marco rubio and rand paul getting into it and meanwhile they are all trying to figure out how to fix the republican party. i'll tell them how. stop third quartering each other in public. and number two stop pretending that you don't need new
6:01am
policies, you just need to explain them better. no, they don't need a new pizza box, they need a new pizza. have a great wednesday everybody. >> announcer: this is the "bill press show."
6:02am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> oh, we're on the air. look at that. >> hal: this is what happened when we get so engaged in the news, and i blame jacki schechner quite frankly. because there is a level of grav tas that she brings to the most
6:03am
minuscule event, and we actually -- i'm almost surprised we actually get to read the news. >> we'll do it. and then get to talk about some other stuff in depth. and then we're on a roll and then we have to leave because it's our last day. >> hal: here is jacki schechner. >> three marines are dead this morning after a shooting in virginia. police locked down the base and found the first victim around 11:00 p.m. after an hour's long standoff police went in to see the shooter had killed himself among with another person. no word yet on a motive. all democrats and five republicans voted against paul ryan's budget. they didn't like the idea that rooip's budget relied on the
6:04am
more than $600 billion in tax revenue to help balance the budget. the senate considered five amendments yesterday as it started debating its budget resolution, but today's senators will consider several more starting at about 11:00 am eastern and then calling it a voter rama. but the process could take as long as ten hours. "politico" reports that one of the five that was passed yesterday was a recommendation to eliminate the medical device tax in the affordable care act. even though the votes are non-binding it could be an issue that could come up down the line, and help fund health care reform. device manufacturers don't like it for obvious reasons, and claim it will stifle innovation and kill jobs.
6:05am
and gun control is going to be the first order of business when the senate gets back from its two-week break. harry reid put a new package on the calendar. we're back after the break. stay with us. ♪ >> if you believe in state's rights but still support the drug war you must be high. >> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv.
6:06am
6:07am
6:08am
6:09am
>> hal: hello, jacki schechner is here giving a era of legitimacy as tony and i are here making at it head bangers ball. >> it ups my cool points. >> hal: you got a quick lesson in metal this week but also there was a little bit of a twitter lesson. >> it's a misunderstanding. >> hal: okay. what is the problem. >> when you retweet something, it pops up with an rt in front of it for retweet. when i retweet something it just retweets it and has the little circle that says retweeted by so i thought you were adding an
6:10am
extra rt and you said that just happens. >> hal: yeah it's how your twitter software or whatever form reads it. because it will show the rt or skip those letters, but that's the programming of how twitter works. >> correct. >> hal: i just don't want anyone to be upset. >> i thought you were being redundant. >> hal: i would never be redundant i told you that several times already this morning. 1-800-steph-1-2 is our number. and we're going to be talking about a lot of things today. yesterday we had a fantastic discussion with rick overton and it blew the doors off of the place. and i thought we were doing great. i thought, wow we are really breaking some ground here as far as -- >> wicked snot. >> hal: don't quote boston, we
6:11am
were going to have lee camp on the show today but he has to go to boston. >> and he is going to be on a bus, and that's why he can't talk to us -- >> hal: it's not that lee camp could not call us from the bus, it's that he knows once he hung up he would be in trouble with everyone around him on the bus. we can hear a dump button here but those around him will just here him shouting. lee camp is terrific -- by the way he has been on "viewpoint" with john fugelsang a couple of times, and he does a thing called the moment of clarity, really great stuff, a lot of it about -- like he had a recent one that i retweeted. i just hit a button -- i didn't put an rt about how the banks are using murs to manipulate foreclosures, and it's a
6:12am
fascinating thing -- he kind of gives you a crash course -- >> it is very [ inaudible ]. because i like the work he does. >> hal: i do too. matt tiebi does the reporting on it. you know how there is a great article on something, that it may be a little too -- like the affordable care act, and you are like people need to know that here is a lie, and here is the whole tracing of this entire thing -- >> i'm sorry, are we interrupting your -- >> hal: i got a sext. no, i'm kidding. but in that, you need teem to read that. you want people to read that. it's so important and if they
6:13am
got it. it's exactly where we are where people hate obamacare, if you poll them, but they are in favor of every element of it read separately or called the affordable care act. and you go they are the same thing! >> right. and you need a lee campesque -- >> hal: you need someone to grab them by the shirt collar and say read this article and pay attention. hey climate change people you can't just disagree with michele bachmann -- i cleaned my life up for jesusa. >> do you think he could do that in my personal life? >> hal: come over here and meet
6:14am
jacki schechner, you moron. so anyway lee is on a bus and can't talk to us but if you go to leecamp.net, the young man works feverishly. >> good. we like people who work. >> hal: i do this because i'm shooting -- i have a major gig and then i get two weeks off. this guy is a road warrior. but check out the moment of clarity. there's umpteen of them now. if you don't know lee, it's kind of like discovering a band where you are like i like that song crap they have 14 albums. this is awesome. it is so much better to discover a that has been around versus a new band. because when you discover
6:15am
somebody like king's x, you are like well, guess what pal, you pull the slot machine arm and all of these albums come out. and you are like i didn't believe it! so there is so much to get to today. it's off the chain. >> did you just say off the chain? >> hal: oh, i did. and it's in reference to something. >> oh, okay. >> hal: believe me everything -- >> this is going somewhere. >> hal: right. yeah, i'm trying to -- because that's the chain i'm on quite frankly. stick to the topic, because jacki gives me a look that can burn through lead. >> yeah, it's the different than the don't hit on me from your car look but equally brutal. >> hal: yeah, very similar actually. >> i have one look, just don't talk to me. >> hal: yeah, don't talk to me. it's stop talking. it's a generalized quit it.
6:16am
which is terrific. [ laughter ] >> therein lies my problem. >> hal: i would use the word challenge. >> my come hither look looks a lot like my stop it look. >> hal: we're going to talk about obama's speech take your calls, what he said in the middle east regarding the peace process, the most direct confrontation of the essence of the issues i have ever heard any politician make, much less the president, and instead of going this guy is not a friend of israel, this guy is siding with the palestinians against us. the exact opposite reaction was had. and it's interesting as much as -- guess noise that has been made between him and bibi
6:17am
netanyahu or lack thereof his relationship with perez seems way more sound. perez gave him this medal -- which we'll talk about. like thank you for being such an amazing friend of israel. >> right in line with what the republicans accused him of. >> hal: absolutely. and here's -- everything we have heard about his relationship with israel or whatever, versus the reality on the ground and the interesting thing was, and this will shock people, i know on the right. that the criticism of past policy of the israel government and yet unflinching support for their security can go hand in hand. no it's true. yes. [ gasping ] >> hal: and the president showed that in israel yesterday. we have had an either/or policy. we have had presidents who side
6:18am
completely with israel you know, and just unflinchingly any jerk, go with whatever the president does and ignore -- >> the no daylight strategy. >> hal: yeah, if they start building settlements, it's like well, i can't really -- and acting as if that's not hamstringing the peace process throughout. but at the same time, you know -- and then you have other presidents who are like i'm not a fan of how we're doing things so we'll drift back and let it -- you know, let our standing boilerplate, we always stand with israel, and no outreach to the people no expression into the process, and that's -- that's been our back and forth. >> uh-huh. >> hal: i have -- i can't recall a president doing basically what the israeli palestinian conflict is, since carter i suppose, the way clinton did it with the -- with the ira, british
6:19am
idea. this can be solve. this can be permanently over. let's get past this. so i'm fascinated to see what people's responses will be. if you watched fox, you didn't see it. >> they didn't show it at all? >> hal: no. we'll be back right after this. 1-800-steph-1-2 is the number. and we're going to play some of this, but i also want to get from you guys how you think the week went. real genuine criticism? >> of us? >> hal: yes. because the next time we do this -- >> oh, please be kind. >> hal: -- if there is a next time, we'll get a real read on this. am i awake right now? i don't even know. we'll be right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> what is all of that noise? >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
6:20am
come in now and sea food differently. visit redlobster.com now for an exclusive $10 coupon on two lobsterfest entrees.
6:21am
6:22am
6:23am
i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
6:24am
♪ >> hal: welcome back to the "stephanie miller show." ♪ >> hal: right out of the box. will somebody please go on twitter since we're retweeting things @danko jones, and tell him jacki schechner has a new crush on him. >> i don't know what he looks like. >> hal: she likes a man with a natural tan. he is 6'9" -- >> oh, and he has a lion and some hot chick in boots.
6:25am
>> hal: yeah, the guy is awesome. >> one of the best frent front men in the business rye now. >> i'm sure he is just waiting for me. >> hal: oh, he is. >> i'm going to go with it. >> hal: you are making assumptions again about what men want. >> it's just hard to complete with the lion and a woman in thigh-high leather boots. >> hal: which one concerns you the most? >> the lion. i can get thigh-high boots. >> hal: that's right woman in boots -- because she's not a cat person. >> i am a cat person. [ laughter ] >> i'm not sure i am a lion person. >> hal: i want to play a couple
6:26am
of these from obama's speech in the west bank yesterday. let's play track 1. >> obama: i have returned to the west bank because the united states is deeply committed to the creation of an independent and sovereign state of palestine. in our discussion with president abbas, i heard him speak out about the difficult issues that cannot be ignored. among them problems caused by continued settlement activity the plight of palestinian prisoners, and access to holy sights in jerusalem. i understand the situation on the ground continues to evolve in a direction that makes it harder to reach a two-state solution. so one of my main messages today, the same message i'm conveying in israel is that we cannot give up.
6:27am
we cannot give up on the search for peace no matter how hard it is. >> hal: there you go. there's an affirmation of that quest in as spark of terms as you would need. that this is not going to be something we sideline or in the words of mitt romney kicked down the road. >> yeah, that was epic huh? >> hal: holy -- if you want -- let's talk about for a second the perception of the republican party's relationship with israel, and the reality of the democrat's position in their relationship with israel. because republicans ran a guy who did two amazing things during the last campaign. he said openly that's something where you really -- it's never going to be solved and you basically just kick the can down the road and make it the next guy's problem.
6:28am
>> which is an unbelievable thing for a presidential candidate to say about an issue that large. >> hal: especially when you leave a few weeks later to go there to campaign for money. >> and bring donors with you. >> hal: right. and in your sensitivity have your fund raiser on a holiday. remember that? >> yeah. >> hal: they scheduled it on a holiday -- and they were like well -- we'll do it quietly, like we won't serve wine or something. and it's like dude that's not the point! >> no. >> hal: so the amount of just cultural insensitively is stunning, and from a policy standpoint kicking it down the road and just going these people -- let's be completely honest, they're never going to get it together. which is the same as saying they
6:29am
are animals. you are host them off, but then they will just be in the yard biting each other thing. all you can do is whip one and feed the other. >> it's a disintivety to humans or that there can be any hope. >> hal: i know this is tran again shall -- >> it's okay in it is a contacted tangent. >> hal: scientists find visions of a benevolent future society motivate reform that the more people focus on what is possible in human nature they actually work harder to do it, if they imagine things are going to end
6:30am
poorly, all of the behavior starts to go downhill when you think eventually it is going to be a zombie apocalypse. >> but isn't that part of the republican policy keeping people pessimistic, and feeling like there is no hope and then you can control more. >> hal: and then we're surprised at how they handle the israeli palestinian conflict. there are some people who recognize the tree of conflict will always grow because it's part of human nature. and instead of trying to weed it out and create a better garden, what they have decided to do is live off of the fruit of the tree of conflict; that they have literally said i can survive on this and get fat on it and it's -- >> good analogy. >> hal: and since --
6:31am
>> on -- >> hal: yeah, the tree part is the metaphor. and it's not analogy to say democrat obama -- obamacare, like nazis. that's a comparison. >> okay. >> hal: that's a direct comparison in motivation in methodology, that's a comparison. >> okay. >> hal: analogy is when you take something that is not like it and make the comparison to bring out the starkness, like you go nazis are like a weed in your garden. you can't say nazi's are like those white supremacists down the street from me. that's very important for the discussion we'll be having after the break. >> why do you feel justified
6:32am
justified -- compelled to justify every tangent. >> hal: because of your lion like stair. we'll be back. honest. they know that i'm not bs'ing them with some hidden agenda, actually supporting one party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know that i'm going to be the first one to call them out. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
6:33am
[clucking]. everyone wants to be the cadbury bunny. cause only he brings delicious cadbury crÈme eggs, while others may keep trying. nobunny knows easter better than cadbury! um, hello. these ugly stains are ruining my good looks and style. and good luck using that cleaner. excuse me, miss ? he's right. those are tough hard water stains, and that cleaner's not gonna cut it. truth is, 85% of us have hard water and many don't even know it. you need lime-a-way. lime-a-way is specially formulated to conquer hard water stains. it's 4 times more effective at removing lime scale than the leading bathroom cleaner. see the lime-a-way difference or your money back.
6:34am
6:35am
6:36am
♪ >> hal: welcome back to the "stephanie miller show." i'm hal sparks filling in. wherever steph is spying/ -- i guess you can call it a vacation, i tried to indicate a vacation, i think on tuesday, and i got -- the language police showed up and gave me a ticket
6:37am
because you can't call at it vacation. >> well, it looks like she cut down her eight-hour hike into a seven-hour hike. >> hal: of course she filled the other hour with pushups. >> i did get a photo of her, king of the hill -- i mean king of the world. very different. >> hal: i'm steph and i'm standing up here on the rocks in my underwear. >> yeah she has clearly hiked to the middle of nowhere. >> hal: the only way i could do a seven-hour hike is if vince dacolo were following me doing the riff to rocky four. like that i would do. >> she is in amazing shape to
6:38am
begin with, and then she uses her vacation time to just tighten. you know where that is from? >> hal: no. >> from knocked up. we can't tell you to lose weight, just tighten. >> male to female or female to male? >> i think it was both. whoever the executive was they were telling the character she didn't have to lose weight but she had to tighten. >> hal: let's take a couple of calls because there's -- actually let me play two clips and then we'll take some calls. let's try the anti-fox clip, that's the one that probably annoys them the most i think. >> obama: israel has the unshakable support of the most powerful country in the world.
6:39am
>> hal: yeah, but enough about china, what about the u.s.? that's what they said at fox, basically. i'm kidding -- that's the obama never stands with israel! he probably meant iran. when he said that in his head he is like mouthing america but he's thinking north korea. >> emersia. >> hal: by the way they had a presidential election in emersia, and mitt romney won hands down. it only has two states though -- >> la jolla and where is his other house? >> hal: yeah when you sneeze instead of bless you, everyone says mercy. that's how it happens.
6:40am
my mom lives there. and this is the one when he is addressing, you know, the violence that palestinians experience while -- and balancing the violence that israelis experience. >> obama: it's not just when sudden violence against palestinians goes unpunished. it's not right to prevent palestinians from farming their lands, or displace palestinian families from their homes. neither occupation nor expulsion is the answer. >> hal: yeah that's pretty direct. >> yeah. >> hal: pretty -- while giving absolutely unflinching support to the security of israel not saying that any move the israeli government wants to make the united states has to back. we shouldn't be that way with any country. >> that's what we were talking about yesterday is not giving
6:41am
cart blanche because we are afraid to speak out -- >> hal: right. let's take some calls. let's go to edgar in gary indiana. good morning. turn your tv down and join us. come on, edgar, we got you. he was holding, and he went to the bathroom -- and we lost edgar. >> oh, no. >> hal: edgar call back if you heard that. let's go to bob in illinois. >> caller: hey, listen i'm a progressive. i'm also jewish, i live in scoki, illinois. >> hal: there are other jews there, i have heard. >> caller: oh, yeah. i'm progressive here in the states. when it becomes to israel i'm probably a little bit more on the right. here is the reality. you know how we see there is
6:42am
really nobody to negotiate with in the congress. >> hal: uh-huh. >> caller: unfortunately you have the situation with the palestinians, you have hamas, which is dead set against doing anything with israel and you have fatau, which has its hands tied. let me ask you a question hal, realistically. if you want to stop the israelis from continuing to build settlements, wouldn't you sit down and start to negotiate? because the settlements would probably stop once the negotiations get really serious? >> hal: there have been several times where israel has made an agreement specifically about not moving forward with settlements, and then has continued to move forward with settlements even after -- you know -- like that was the decision.
6:43am
even if you go well a rocket or something happened and therefore -- then all of this is off and we're going back to settlements -- >> yeah, but about -- i think it was three years ago, netanyahu said no settlement building, nothing for the next six months. let's sit down and start negotiating. and the palestinian side said that's not good enough. and come on, if you really want to make peace you sit down and start to negotiate, neither side is going to get what they want in the end but that's what a negotiation is all about. >> hal: sure. well the problem i think they had was the idea of just for the next six months. >> but, again, hal, if you want to stop the settlements from being built, okay? then they are not going to keep building if you have serious negotiations they are going to stop --
6:44am
>> hal: i don't think they believed that. and i certainly don't think that there -- especially the hard liners, the right-wing in israel have no intention of ending the settlements. >> caller: that's true. that's true. the hard liners -- >> hal: as much as you say that there's control over the palestinian process by people who are hamstringed or counter to the process itself, you have a similar situation with the settlement building in the right-wing in the israeli government. so the question is why don't the palestinians come to the table, and why don't the israelis stop building settlements? both sides have been in this perpetual conflict. one they can mean what they say insofar as a two-state solution. and secondly, any spoiler from a
6:45am
non-state actor cannot stop that process, because it is too easy to either have a hamas or hezbollah, related rocket attack, freeze up the process -- if the israelis say any rockets land on our side during this process, all bets are off. then it's too easy for two things to happen, one is a -- a hard line palestinian group to go we don't want the peace process. we want israel to not exist, so all we have to do is fire one rocket, and they are back to zero, or any hard line israeli group letting or tas italy if you want to go false flag or those things the fear of it from the palestinian side is the hard line israelis who don't want the palestinian state to exist have just funded or supplied a rocket to the wrong
6:46am
people so they can guarantee it doesn't move forward. >> caller: okay. i just -- >> hal: you have to stand beyond the violence. even if the violence continues we must continue the negotiations and that hasn't been the case. >> caller: hal, i'm going to say one thing, again, i don't think you can argue. unlike what is going on here with the congress because of the israeli parliamentary system, if the hard line to the right doesn't want peace, those people can be voted out of the par i willment real quick. and the whole situation can be turned upside down and if i'm the palestinians and i saw the reaction from the youth of the israeli public yesterday, if i want to make peace what that says to me is okay there is
6:47am
something we can do, we can work and try to make peace. >> hal: i totally hear your point, but this is the issue i have. they do -- there are masses of palestinians and masses of israelis who want to make peace, and there are two groups of spoilers who can ruin the process either by a rocket or not firing at unarmed palestinians because they see a glimpse of metal that kind of thing. and there are too many spoilers that have active participation in the government. where you never get to the point that you go that guy told his buddy to take his guys -- didn't say he would stand down when he should have, and that's the problem -- >> caller: let me ask you one thing and then i'll get off and
6:48am
let you answer. what message do you think the israelis, the people, government, and such would have happened when they picked up and left gaza? what should they have learned from that situation? >> hal: how do you mean? what do you mean? >> caller: when they -- first of all two things happened when they left, the palestinians in gaza tore everything down that the israelis had built which would have been the basis of a infrastructure, and two the rockets started coming in a couple of days. because there's no doubt that hamas runs gaza. so what is the lesson to be learned on the israeli side about what happens if you just pick up and leave which by the way a lot of leftists in israel right now think is what should be done with the west bank. >> hal: i would say any time you
6:49am
have a contentious border war going on for an extended amount of time, the rage built on both sides becomes untenable, and that -- and then -- and saying that the people who moved into gaza specifically represent the whole of the palestinian people or the whole of the palestinian people who want to do a two-state solution is exactly the problem. and tearing down 'em -- emblems of what they considered oh petition explain that to many of the iraq eyes or -- iraqis or u.s. people who were there to, quote unquote, liberate the people. we shut the lights off and then spent billions of dollars
6:50am
turning them right back on. the issue is war as a solution. it has to move past we did this and then they did this and then we did this and then they did this. and that's unfortunately the conversation we're having right now. and it's much like the gay marriage debate in the united states, is that the youth will grow up with the -- this is the war of our fathers, and we're sick of it. and every time it happens, quite frankly bigoted reflex is much harder to stamp into a person versus someone with it in their bloods. >> caller: but it is being taught at schools. >> hal: all right. we got to take a break, >> caller: great, job, hal.
6:51am
>> hal: the depth of this issue is so deep that at some point you have to start swimming and you are like oh my god, i'm not that great of swimmer and the water is so deep. well you just v to start swimming. if you concern yourself with the depth of the water, you'll drown every time. and this is where that conflict is. like the ira versus the british. you have both sides totally overshadowing the beliefs of the general populous who just wanted to get on with their lives. and that's where i think we are. and the president is helping to shift that conversation. we'll be back with more of the "stephanie miller show." we'll have like 35 seconds in the next break, but we'll
6:52am
continue to take your calls. we'll be back after this. ♪ drug war you must be high. >> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv. the chill of peppermint. the rich dark chocolate. york peppermint pattie get the sensation. [ male announcer ] shaving can be a sensitive issue. upgrade to gillette fusion proglide. our micro-thin blades are thinner than a surgeon's scalpel to put less stress on your skin by gliding through hair. fusion proglide from gillette. the best a man can get.
6:53am
6:54am
6:55am
>> she gets the comedians laughing... >> that's hilarious! >> ...and the thinkers thinking. >> okay, so there's wiggle-room in the ten commandments is what you're telling me. >> she's joy behar. >> and current will let me say anything. >> only on current tv.
6:56am
♪ >> hal: that's right, brothers it's the stephanie miller chapter of the black label society. live to ride, ride to live. that's right. i did it. >> i'm so glad you guys didn't let me pick the music this week.
6:57am
>> hal: no black label society. ozsy's guitar player for many years. it's funny because i was -- i was at -- i have seen him several times or whatever and -- i ran in to him at the metal hammer awards in london and he is so huge. he is just a big -- he's a biker-looking dude and he has this gnarly soup-filled beard and stuff. and he started at a pretty boy. he looks like a guy who went through the prison ranks, he went in pretty and came out ugly. >> what caused that? >> ozsy. >> hal: yeah. ladies just going bananas for him -- and now he looks like he -- you know, he's an enforcer
6:58am
for a meth-running biker gang. [ laughter ] >> hal: yeah. but an amazing musician and i -- i will stand by that the blessed hell ride should have been the next ozsy record and if sharon would have let that happen, ozsy's career would be more sound -- >> i love his pride and glory stuff. >> hal: oh it's great. he totally wishes he was in like the almond brother's band in his heart. so he has this chicken picking -- you know what i'm talking about. >> totally. >> hal: all right. here is patrick in california. >> caller: good morning, how are you? >> hal: good. >> caller: i was just calling -- thanks for the alternative you guys bring us here. we really love it. just to give you great feedback watch it every morning, and ms.
6:59am
schechner, she is absolutely gorgeous. she is stunning. >> hal: true. >> are you okay? >> caller: so thank you for the alternative. >> thank you, that's great. what time did my mom call patrick? >> hal: let's go to ben. >> caller: hey, i just wanted to say i have been listening to stephanie miller for years, but hal and jacki you are my favorite-fill-in hosts ever. >> hal: that's nice. >> caller: i can say that jacki you are gorgeous but hal you are dreamy. >> he is dreamy. >> caller: hal is much more my type. >> hal: thank you. by the way since you are in
7:00am
boston go see [ inaudible ]. and give him a hug for me. >> caller: i will do that. [ overlapping speakers ] >> now you are going to spread the rumor -- >> hal: no i'm just saying -- lee is totally -- he's like me. we're gay adjacent. we're not gay, but we appreciate the real estate. unlike republicans we don't have to be a part of the group who sympathize with it -- >> who was it who said he wasn't going to marry a gay -- was that saxby chandler? >> hal: yes. we'll cover that after the break. we'll be right back with more of the "stephanie miller show." and jacki, there's more compliments waiting, and but we'll deal with the israeli issue, and michele bachmann said
7:01am
something michele bachmanny. i'm hal sparks filling in 1-800-steph-1-2. ♪
7:02am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> hal: well and it should come as no surprise to anybody -- the doors are coming off of the twitter mobile in support of the beauty and dignity that is jacki -- oh yes sorry i'm off mic.
7:03am
i tried to move the mic so i should be seen -- >> and you have a fan, an admirer. >> hal: i have lots of them. >> they wanted to see your pretty in all of your glory -- >> hal: no i think that was somebody going that's bad television -- don't even get me started on the head phone thing -- no tony you look great, and it makes sense because like i said you are d.j.ing a party in another country -- >> and landing a plane. >> hal: yeah. here is jacki schechner with the news. >> fcc chairman is going to announce this hour he is stepping down. he is a democrat -- [ laughter ] >> he is going to spend more time with his family i don't know. >> hal: huh oh. the only reason you spend more time with your family is because you have an arrest penning. >> no, i'm sure he is a lovely guy. >> hal: i'm just kidding.
7:04am
>> so sorry, julius. president obama can promote one of the two democrats already in the fcc or pick a new member. robert mcdowell who is probably also stepping down to spend more time with his family, is also planning to leave, so there will be two open spots, which means the president has put up a republican and democrat simultaneously. no assault weapons ban will be introduced, but harry reid says it will be introduced as an amendment. the new gun-control legislation will take weeks.
7:05am
how to deal with background checks on private sales. chuck schumer is trying to work out a bipartisan compromise and he says he is going to try to get that done over the break. we're back after the break. ♪ compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
7:06am
break the ice with breath-freshening cooling crystals.
7:07am
ice breakers. can become major victories. i'm phil mickelson, pro golfer. when i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis my rheumatologist prescribed enbrel for my pain and stiffness, and to help stop joint damage. [ male announcer ] enbrel may lower your ability to fight infections. serious, sometimes fatal events including infections tuberculosis lymphoma, other cancers, nervous system and blood disorders, and allergic reactions have occurred. before starting enbrel your doctor should test you for tuberculosis and discuss whether you've been to a region where certain fungal infections are common. you should not start enbrel if you have an infection like the flu. tell your doctor if you're prone to infections, have cuts or sores have had hepatitis b have been treated for heart failure, or if you have symptoms such as persistent fever bruising, bleeding or paleness. since enbrel helped relieve my joint pain, it's the little things that mean the most. ask your rheumatologist if enbrel is right for you. [ doctor ] enbrel, the number one biologic medicine
7:08am
prescribed by rheumatologists. [♪ theme music ♪] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey all right now ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ >> hal: welcome to the "stephanie miller show." i'm hal sparks with jacki schechner filling in while steph
7:09am
and the mooks are away on vacation. we're of course on current tv. you can go to current.com and kind the station. don't just listen, watch live. it's so much more fascinating to see people do television in a radio studio. [ laughter ] >> hal: and i don't want to brag right out of the box -- yes, i do actually, but a rather prominent radio person that we share a building with apparently walked by and saw the number of phone calls we're getting and how our phone lines are going up, because we're actually having a substantive conversation, and people are enjoying it, and some people are calling to compliment is, that he was like who is on the air that getting all of these calls? and rebecca said hal and
7:10am
jacki -- and he walkses over and looks and somebody is waiting like jacki you are wonderful. and he is like what the heck is that? [ laughter ] >> he is like who is jacki? >> hal: yeah, who cares. that is not talk radio. yes, it is. so i'm going to high five myself on that. there you go. big ones. >> that's like the worst high five ever. >> hal: well because we were reaching across, and i'm trying to stay on camera. we have a bunch of calls and then we're going to get to them -- let's go to josh in tennessee. hey, josh, how are ya? >> caller: first off you are not nearly as nice to wake up to as stephanie. if it wasn't for jacki i would have turned the channel. >> hal: believe me that wasn't lost on me. she said would you like me to come in next week and she
7:11am
didn't mean all next week and i was like, yes, you are going to be there every day because i need something for the joshes in tennessee. >> caller: thank you, sir. i think we're both right. israel is right and america is right. the right spends so much time worrying about what they should and should don't that they don't spend enough time just fixing the problem. >> hal: yeah, there is an old phrase would you rather be right or happy? and a lot of us will be stuck in a conversation wrt it's more important to be right, and when we realize we may have been wrong or the fight was unnecessary in the first place stepping outside of the circle of it becomes a point where your own ego enters into it, and you have got to be right even if it means you wrong or it doesn't solve the problem or communicate what you are trying to do it becomes an ego thing, and the
7:12am
right is really big on that. we certainly have the patchouli stinkers on the left that will not let go but i appreciate the really fervent belief but at a certain point you have to go i don't care about what happened before. >> caller: i heard a science guy on a documentary say we use be using the scientific method for all of our policies. if they don't work for so long then we need to find a new way to do things. >> hal: right. and he was immediately refunded by the republican party. thank you so much josh for calling in and using substantive issues to tacitly hit on jacki. >> call me. >> hal: right. call me. let's go to mark in chicago.
7:13am
hey, mark? >> caller: i am listening on wcpt. >> hal: that's great. >> caller: that's how i get to work and home every day. and when i'm driving around. i am conservative i would say almost republican not quite. but what i appreciate the most about liberals is they truly live a benevolent life. like you kind of say, it's really not arguing -- if you are going to argue, make sure it's to have a good outcome. >> hal: right. >> caller: and what happens when we listen to the palestinian and israeli debate is we can't even understand. we live in chicago where it's the most diverse yet most polarized place in america. people can live in their
7:14am
cultures without the trouble and strife, and we see a president as wonderful as our president is -- no i did not vote for him, but i still think he is an awesome guy. he is doing his best. he has one of the best speeches ever on the issue, and he leaves, comes back to america and they are still going to be the way they are. and it's not that we should let them work it out the way they are going to work it out, because i worked with a bunch of guys from iran and they called themselves persian, and they would talk about israel, and they are like no no no. israel has got to go. and i'm like why in and they are like no, just push them in the sea. and i just sit there stunned? because these were wonderful very educated professional people that just had a culture and ideology that we can't get. >> hal: ultimately -- that's -- the
7:15am
unfortunate part of holding on to an argumentative point of view beyond the solution itself. and that's why a lot of major, positive changes are generational. because bigotry is harder to pass on to your kid if they don't have a material reason for the bigotry. once the law is passed and there can be no -- they can no longer be slaves it's harder for his son to argue that point because he no longer has people forced to work below them. four or five generations down the line it gets harder and harder to beat that into your kid's head. and you are finding the youth of israel and the iranian youth -- look at who was running in the streets? they were wearing rocking
7:16am
republic jeans they were -- and the majority of that country because of the amount of warring that was going on are like barely 30 now at the oldest because of how many people were killed and the jasmine revolution as it's called the up rising in the middle east a lot of that has to do with the fact that the older guard is dying off. >> caller: you and i differ on many, many, many things, but if we went -- if we were at a place and sitting at dinner table together, and we were talking, and we noticed that we both like grapes, this certain type of food and certain type of sports and you are thinking i'm supposed to hate this guy, but i don't even feel any animosity, i actually feel a kinship. >> hal: right. >> how do we get the ultra orthodox in israel to say you
7:17am
can live your lives until you are 105, and then tell the hezbollah and hamas guys you can live the rest of your life die at 102 and watch all of your children and grandchildren grow up without killing each other. >> i don't know that we do because it is so entrenched? >> hal: but, again, the entrenchment comes from behavior. the positive word for cultural habit is tradition. and unfortunately a lot of traditions were incredibly damaging to members of society who were disenfranchised or left out in the cold and the systemic disenfranchisement of those people meant that if you and which were both putting out 100% effort, but you are only
7:18am
getting 70% return on that effort -- >> caller: but some are intensely beautiful, though. and i have been in homes of muslim friends and when you are in their house, you feel like you are the only person on the planet. it's an amazing experience. same when you are with your jewish friends, they are the same beauty. and your progress, and liberal friends, when you experience people as people it's a whole different thing. i think that's where people like -- like our -- our culture even as -- i am a conservative, but i'm not -- i don't want you to live like me if you don't want me to live like you -- >> hal: then you fall more in the libertarian form of things in the truest sense -- >> caller: libertarianism can sometimes become libertine, and that's where i recoil --
7:19am
>> hal: i understand. but you can maintain moral values and be laissez-faire about government intervention. >> caller: of course. i don't fear anything that the left is doing because -- 99% of the people i work with are extreme leftist, and they are about the most wonderful people i have known. they have no desire to change my religiousviews, they are basically like hey, dude that's you, and this is us what do you want for lunch the rice or potatoes? >> hal: exactly. >> caller: and that's where -- >> hal: we need to get. >> caller: [ inaudible ] is sometimes fun if you allow yourself to enjoy other people for being just what they are. when you stub your toe you say ouch, and when i stub my toe i say ouch and we hope our toes
7:20am
aren't broken. we really appreciate the way the president speaks for america and us, but gosh darn it i just think that sometimes we need to realize that people are not understanding where we are coming from, because we cannot understand where they are coming from. and that's why the israeli palestinian thing is heart breaking. >> hal: yeah gandhi initially -- there is no way to peace, peace is the way itself. >> caller: but gandhi was killed by someone of his own religion. >> hal: but that's no indication of the rest of the religion. the ku klux klan is basically a religious organization -- christian organization, but i'm not going to group that in with the rest. there will always be the
7:21am
extremists who believe -- in any group of people there will be your outliers who take what is said, what is spoken of in a group of people -- we agree the scientific method is a very important approach to dealing with things, and then other people will push that to ugenics, you can't save everybody so why should you try? but his whole point was and the route of the religion he was coming from -- and i wouldn't even limit it to hinduism i think it was a genuine human belief, that until we are peaceful with each other, we can never find a real path. and the way example is to live in a peaceful sense in spite of the fact that others might not live that way -- >> caller: i call these kind of
7:22am
talk shows because i do believe like gandhi said, jesus is wonderful, but the people who say they are christian -- >> hal: yeah, some of his followers scare me to death. >> caller: i'm an orthodox progressive christian, in that it is time to stop telling people they should be christians. >> hal: you should live in the example. don't take up the knife on my behalf. i'll take care of it. you have to live at the highest example of the best of man kind to show that you are a loyal child of mine. that is an appreciated behavior system that i think is totally oversold -- this conversation went super long and we have got to take a break. we'll be back to the stephanie
7:23am
miller 1-800-steph-1-2. and to the annoyance of other radio show hosts, our phone lines are blowing up. >> awesome. let's bring it on. all of it. >> stephanie: we'll be back right after this. >> wow i -- i -- i don't believe it. this is too good to be real. of course this is real. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:24am
7:25am
7:26am
7:27am
i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us. ♪ >> hal: welcome back to the "stephanie miller show." i'm hal sparks, and this is the
7:28am
only song we played the entire week that jacki schechner knew. >> i did. >> hal: and what is it called tony? >> beautiful people. >> hal: it's marilyn manson who is from south florida. >> hal: i see it's a geographic thing. and believe me you are not alone in that. let's go to gail in syracuse. hi, gail. >> caller: hi, hal. i just wanted to let y'all know i have so enjoyed yous this week. the last time jacki went on vacation, and nobody was filling in i went crazy. >> oh. >> caller: i'm addicted to y'all. and i have been wanting to see this even before hal asked for people to call in. and one final note. that conservative guy was a breath of fresh air. my goodness. >> hal: yeah wasn't that fun?
7:29am
>> caller: yes. >> hal: i think he comes honestly his idea of conservatism is a genuine christianity. and the republicans have been better at branding themselves christians, whereas there are a lot of progressive and democratic christians all across the board, but we just don't waive it because we don't want people to feel their religion is less than, so we keep it to ourselves. but the nice thing was he was very respectful and he is listening for the words and the meaning of them no matter who says them, which is very healthy. >> caller: oh, yes, it is. speaking about -- of course i'm one of them -- you know progressive leaning, i'm basically a left-leaning moderate. and the christians you know -- the hard line ones, you know, like michele bachmann who is way off in crazy land i look at them and it's like my god
7:30am
when was the last time they read their bible? you know, everything that their -- you know, they are proposing is nothing in the gospel that jesus taught. >> hal: right. >> caller: and it makes me ashamed as a christian. >> hal: first of all it shouldn't, gail. just because people usurp the name of something they like doesn't mean they deserve to be lumped in with everybody else, and that's a very important line we need to draw. the extremities that are damaging to the rest of society are no indication of the rest of the people and if we do that we give them much more tacit strength than they deserve. i don't know what she would say -- >> yeah, let's play that. >> let's repeal this before it literally kills women, kills children, kills senior citizens
7:31am
let's not do that. let's love people. let's care about people. >> she is starting to sound like marcus. >> hal: you are a crazy person. wow. we'll take a break. and we'll be back with more of your calls. 1-800-steph-1-2. >> can we discussion the bachmann crazy. >> hal: oh, yes. we're going to discuss health care, get some more of your halls, i'm hal sparks by the way @hallsparks on twitter. and stage-it.com. tell your friends the tickets are now available. it's great. and you can watch from your laptop. it's a live show. it's very exciting. the new wave. we'll be right back with more of the "stephanie miller show." i'm hal sparks. ♪
7:32am
>> if you believe in state's rights but still support the drug war you must be high. >> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv.
7:33am
7:34am
7:35am
7:36am
♪ >> hal: welcome back to the "stephanie miller show." >> i liked that. >> hal: yeah, i thought you might. it's very spinning music. ♪ [ laughter ] >> you keep it up, i'm going to make you come to a spin class with me.
7:37am
>> hal: i have been. it's right up there with yoga for me. it's something you should do occasionally, but not with at harsh regularity that the sociopaths do it day after day after day after day. >> i take a day off. >> hal: yeah, so you can go to a yoga class. >> so i can jog. >> hal: by the way in some news i wanted to cover, colorado's pop prison official was shot -- he opened his front door and someone shot him, and that person was on the loose up until last night. a white supremacist exconvict is brain dead and on life support after being shot in the head in texas that left one officer injured. this guy thought this through -- again, another case
7:38am
for -- if we could have only captured him alive to get what was going on. but his name is evan spender ibell. he is 28. he was spotted in texas driving a cadillac matching the description. the deputy tried to pull him over, he alleged i will opened fire shooting the deputy three times. less than an hour north of fort worth he was shot in the head during the exchange and is on wife support. he is a member of a white supremacist prison gang. police are investigating whether the gang ordered him to murder clemens. although if you have been in prison for any length of time
7:39am
there's tons of guys who have that -- i don't necessarily think that helps the chain of figuring out that this happened -- >> having an assault against a prison officer. >> hal: yeah anyone who acts up or doesn't go quietly can have those charges against him. so not related to he seems like a genuinely awful person but those kinds of things are used regularly to stack charges when somebody is in jail so they can siphon money off of them for a longer period of time. an empty domino's box lead them to leave he may have been involved in the killing of a delivery man found dead recently
7:40am
in golden colorado. so police believe he may have been used to get him so open the door. after the stew benville case there have been reports of actual cases being brought before judges now of rape allegations against high school fooblt guys that may have been being swept aside, but the at attention of stubenville is causing people to take a second look. >> that's a good thing. >> hal: yes, it is. we just have to make sure that the victims or alledged victims feel comfortable enough to come forward. >> hal: and safe. in sue benville they arrested two girls for death threats against the victim. >> and also the media not making
7:41am
the error -- or releasing the names that's part of the proesh too. >> hal: right. and in a few minutes we'll have my buddy johnny million calling in. he's normally in my side car when we do the hall sparks show on saturday. i stream it at my facebook page, at the hal sparks fang page. >> for people who are not familiar, is it like what we're doing this week? >> >> hal: yeah. i get to go deeper in topic. >> deep, deep deep undercover. >> hal: yeah. deep. deep. deep. i love that you went to that reference. that's great. >> i'm older than i look. >> hal: and the tony scott
7:42am
movie -- sorely missed tony scott. let's take some calls. we have about five minutes before we need to take a break, and let's go to joe in georgia. >> caller: hey, hall you were great in extract. is she as beautiful in person as she is on tv? >> hal: she is. but she's not my type so i was immune enough to her -- like her phenomenon min whiles to like watch everybody else around me -- >> who was this? >> hal: mila kunis. >> what about her makes her not your type? >> hal: i don't know, like there's an auto attraction factor in somebody that just kind of does it. it's kind of like hally barry. i kind halle berry to be
7:43am
amazingly gorgeous, but she is not sexy to me. and that doesn't mean they are not, it's just not how i roll. but i will not argue with their beauty. but i digress -- >> i was just curious. >> hal: but that scene -- it opened the film but joe you wanted to talk about israel. >> and i'm going to probably maybe upset some people. my wife is palestinian, and my son is paf palestinian, i get the opposing side which is not the -- you know the apac really controls politicians and the media here in america, and something i would like to illuminate america or your audience or whatever is the fact that, you know basically
7:44am
the crux of this whole thing -- it's a land grab. and if you follow the maps of when israel took over to today, and the slow bleeding of the land that is being stolen from the palestinians and the concentration camps in gaza is over time they want it all, aare running out of land and if you can prove -- if you are russian or polish or whatever and you are jewish, you can come to israel and get a free place to stay. it's the right of rescission or whatever. the problem is, is that they are running out of room. and you don't even need to be jewish per se. you can pay off a rabbi in russia, and 10 grand will get you proof from a rabbi saying
7:45am
you are jewish and you can move to israel. >> hal: i agree with on the land issue. look at the native american push. we'll give you this section of land, but you guys need to move back a little bit, and eventually you are in a dessert valley filled with uranium and there is nothing to eat. and simmicly it occur. eventually it is that absolute power. and if you have enough of a backing you can start all kind of other interests. the religious believers who believe that israel has the right to exist.
7:46am
and it ends up being an almost 80/20 rule there. and then there's enough other reasons to want more land in israel for the tourist industry because of the people who don't want to live there but the need to go back to the land so you can get water to feed into the area, and then beach front property where you look at the actual land that i they are fighting for is is almost a mediterranean beach front like brazil or any other part. it is a beautiful area. there's a enough of a percentage of other people willing to act on the root of the 80% of people who believe that they should peacefully exist and not harm the palestinians the 20% is made up of 1% of real estate developers, 1% of people who are zionist christians who want jews to be killed --
7:47am
>> a variety of reasons. >> hal: right. and that is enough that encroachment is what can cause the squeeze. and instead of being called out for those individual encroachments, those people live under the krovr of the legitimate 80% part that's going on. and that's where we really need to have the conversation. i appreciate you bringing that up, joe, because people get afraid to have that conversation about it. because of the appearance of anti-semitism, and the appearance of a certain belief system. i will say when apac controls the media -- they sort of like the nra have the control point and visibility point with a certain set of voters that scares politicians into certain behavior. to some degree i think the majority of americans view apac
7:48am
as any other lobbying group and they don't feel like if you turn against apac you turn against the jews or whatever. >> caller: helen thomas cynthia mckinney -- if you speak out -- >> hal: but i don't think that's strictly apac cutting it down. if it was simply apac you could confront them and picket them and go you aren't sharing both sides of the issue. the reality is it is's this hinge in the back of people's minds all over the place that aren't directly related to apac and the media and outside of the media that if you criticize you are somehow forgetting the holocaust. >> but do people know apac the way they know the nra? >> hal: it doesn't get as much press or as much bad press. one of though the reasons the nra is so well-known is how long
7:49am
it has been around. it predates the existence of israel -- and thank you for the call, joe. and johnny will be joining us it looks like at the top of the hour. this is -- it is totally possible to -- to conflate the needs and wants of apac with the needs and wants of the right-wing of the israeli government and the desire for a that, or even moderates -- but the point is it's okay to look at it as a governmental lobbying agency for the governmental action of israel and not, honestly criticize the people of israel who don't believe in what the -- you know, you know, the increased settlements and those kind of things. >> and that's the analogy you are making with regard to the nra and the members not having necessarily the same goals --
7:50am
>> hal: exactly, most nra members support background checks. >> exactly. >> hal: and apac will talk up and down about how iran and certain middle eastern extremists want the destruction of israel and want it wiped off of the map. these are things that are true, but they are not reflective of the majority of muslims throughout the world, not really. and it has been right-wing sigh onnist christians -- one of the big security story of israel is they keep wanting to get a nuke so they can be returned to jewish hands and bring out about the existing of christ -- and that's from super right-wing christians, but we don't hear about that part because it's too odd to wrap your head around for most people.
7:51am
>> and that's part of the problem too, because you were talking about being too deep -- >> hal: right. you need to back off at a certain point and go i don't care the crimes have to be handled in the context of what is going on but the rest of us have to start operating on how are we going to operate 500 years from now? we'll be back right after this. 1-800-steph-1-2 is our number. when we come back i want to talk a little bit about bachmann and obamacare. health care. i want to talk about the value of health care. >> i love it. >> hal: we'll be back. >> what in the name of holy hell is going on here? >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know that i'm going to be the first
7:52am
one to call them out. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us. [ male announcer ] it's red lobster's lobsterfest our largest selection of lobster entrees like lobster lover's dream or new grilled lobster and lobster tacos. come in now and sea food differently. visit redlobster.com now for an exclusive $10 coupon on two lobsterfest entrees. they think this world isn't big enough for the both of them. but we assure you - it is. bites. little greatness.
7:53am
um, hello. these ugly stains are ruining my good looks and style. and good luck using that cleaner. excuse me, miss ? he's right. those are tough hard water stains, and that cleaner's not gonna cut it. truth is, 85% of us have hard water and many don't even know it. you need lime-a-way. lime-a-way is specially formulated to conquer hard water stains. it's 4 times more effective at removing lime scale than the leading bathroom cleaner. see the lime-a-way difference or your money back.
7:54am
7:55am
>> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> with a distinctly satirical point of view. if you believe in state's rights but still believe in the drug war you must be high. >> only on current tv. ♪
7:56am
♪ i need a lot more focus ♪ ♪ i'm hear for the long haul ♪ >> hal: so you better get macarthur park ready -- try to look up that song right now, or -- what it is magnolia -- what is a good '70's song -- >> what are you talking about? >> hal: this is for tony. welcome back to the "stephanie miller show." i'm hal sparks filling in. can you look up macarthur park or -- "someone left the cake out in the rain" anybody? >> all right.
7:57am
moving along. >> hal: because deb in california is upset with us. >> caller: hey sweety. i'm glad you are having a really good week. >> hal: we are. >> caller: aren't you? it seems like you are. >> hal: yes. >> caller: and macarthur park, hey, nothing wrong with the '70s. >> hal: i agree. >> caller: so the thing is i just -- i was calling because of all of the weird unfair crap that's going on. >> hal: uh-huh. >> caller: i don't understand why -- well i do -- i always say what we need to do -- whenever i sal the stephanie show, i say what we need to do and it's so much more than what we need and i always sound like a cheerleader, but the issue is is that the liberals need to get up off of their petunias, get up call these people -- you are being begged by the president to call liberals -- >> call your member of
7:58am
congress -- >> caller: call the media also -- >> hal: call chuck todd. they are doing ask chuck todd a question -- ask him why he has a nascar beard it is the kind of -- >> caller: i would like to know who did he blow to get four questions -- >> hal: simmer down oh we have got to dump that. >> woe. woe. woe. >> hal: that didn't happen. we're back after a -- well it's interesting how fast and loose we feel like we are with language and then when somebody actually you are like actually i have been fairly well behaved. >> yeah. >> stephanie: the problem is when you are dealing with -- the problem when you are dealing with topics like this it's hard not to get worked up.
7:59am
>> sure. >> hal: so i don't fault people for that at all. because a normal parking lot conversation you would be up and down about language like that -- not that it was super harsh -- but it was not radio friendly. >> hal: let's go to dana in maryland. >> caller: i loved that. rock on last caller. that was good. first of all hal sparks you are on my laminated hall pass. >> hal: oh thank. >> caller: yeah, and tony i love how you snuck in the loving rockets. >> hal: yeah. hurry up we only got a minute. >> caller: okay. i'm going to say tony danko -- >> hal: danko jones. >> caller: yes, i'm going to see them in baltimore. michele bachmann i think they are like grifters.
8:00am
they take advantage of desperate people. >> hal: i think you are absolutely right. we can't go long on this because we have got to take a break, but you are absolutely right. and interestingly enough. i don't know if you saw this, but you know who has been warning people against listening to preachers who -- scamsteres -- this is a quote, scamsteres in religious garb? pat robertson. who just two days ago -- just asked people if you are bankrupt, if you are losing your house or whatever, you only have to send in 20 bucks a month to him. [ laughter ] >> there was something with chris christie and gay conversion therapy. i thought you were going there. >> hal: no i don't think those two go together. it's more like that giant big
8:01am
gulp -- >> yes. >> hal: okay. 1-800-steph-1-2 is our number. it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:02am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> hal: i'm here this time. i've got it together. we're in the final hour -- and i have totally got a system now. >> now we have worked it out. >> hal: let's have a little honesty, doing morning radio while it looks like a barrel of laughs, there is quality to how
8:03am
hard can it be but there is a lot to factor in. managing calls managing stories, managing the mic in front of your face at the right time -- >> when you do something well you make it look easy and everybody thinks they can do it. >> stephanie: and that's the perfect segue to jacki. >> organizing fraction retweeted a powerful im image yesterday, it's john lennon's blood-splattered glasses. over 1 million 57 thousand people have been killed in the usa since john lennon's death. the campaign is working to help promote the participate's push for new gun-control legislation. the respect for marriage coalition is airing a new tv ad
8:04am
debinning with the declaration that more and more people support same-sex marriage because they know more people who are gay. 58% of people now support same-sex marriage which is a big change from a decade ago. 14% of people say they have changed their mine of gay marriage, and 32% of those because of someone they know who is gay. the ad and the polls come in the wake of senator rob portman publicly announcing his change of heart. and hillary clinton putting out her support of same-sex marriage. progress in colorado today as the governor has signed a bill to legalize same-sex unions. the law takes effect may 1st. eight states now recognize same-sex civil unions, but nine
8:05am
states have legalized gay marriage, which of course is the ultimate goal. that's where we standing on news this hour. we have more show after the break and johnny -- >> hal: yes, and i can't believe you didn't mention the 2 million ninjas that just gathered in tokyo. backwoods. >> i'm basically like a farmer. instead of corn, you've got dope. (vo) but what is legal and what is criminal? >> this is, no matter what you do, a violation of federal law. (vo) follow real farmers staking their claim on a new frontier. >> lots of terrible things happen to people growing marijuana. >> this crop to me is my livelihood. >> i have everything invested in this. only on current tv. the chill of peppermint. the rich dark chocolate. york peppermint pattie
8:06am
get the sensation. dude, i need your help fast. well, clearasil's fast. yeah, but is it this fast? faster! how about this fast? clearasil's faster! this fast?? faster!! woh! that is fast! fix breakouts fast with clearasil ultra. it starts working instantly, sending the max amount of medicine allowed deep into your pores for visibly clearer skin in as little as 12 hours. yeah, it's fast. clearasil, the science of clear skin.
8:07am
8:08am
>> announcer: ladies and gentlemen it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho, i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel ♪ ♪ hey all right now ♪ >> hal: it does feel good but it's a slightly melancholy.
8:09am
this is our last hour of the week. >> what am i going to do with mice >> hal: i have some ideas. one includes coming on my show this saturday, maybe tomorrow if you are up for it -- you might be in a spinning class -- >> i could come early. i could come before class. >> hal: there you go. and you could head straight there, because we're neighbors. so it will work out. but before we get too far down into the stories we want to crowbar into the last hour and get to the calls 1-800-steph-1-2 is our number. thanks tony for coming in and getting up early, if you bothered to sleep at all. >> i actually have slept this week. >> hal: that's great. that's only because your neighbor has an elephant gun that is used for a ferrari. >> i'm doing just one job this week, which is awesome. >> hal: that's weird. as gorge bush would say,
8:10am
uniquely un-american. >> your job this week is to teach me about new music. >> hal: yeah. that and of it's a is a job well done. >> it is. >> hal: have you got any charlie daniel's band? if you do, don't play it. and the lovely rebecca taylor she after taking time off is is from working with steph to focus on her family -- >> speaking of focus on the family, when i was in haegerstown, maryland a thousand years ago, working as a sports reporter, we used to take the focus on the family feed and roll them as part of the news. >> hal: oh yeah they patch in all kinds of things in radio all across this country, they have these focus on the family
8:11am
moments. you don't realize it's a commercial until it's too late. and they don't have to legal say the following is paid by -- >> yeah, i didn't know what it was at the time >> hal: you are getting on a tangent again. rebecca has a great instagram account. and she wants people to sign on. i'm big on hal sparks you can go to facebook, you can follow jacki schechner, any spelling will do. i think she owns all of them. [ laughter ] >> hal: if you need to find it and just follow because you can't type it just follow my feed and you can barnacle on. but rebecca has an instagram
8:12am
thing. i hope a lot of lift them up high and take it down picture of yourself because you look slimmer -- she doesn't need that -- no. >> hal: here are a couple of stories want to lead off with. johnny will be joining us at the half hour to basically blow up, because he and i get on the air sometimes and it's almost hard to talk because you get so flabbergasted by this. the story comes out that cyprus is rejecting the bailout tax. tied to its bailout from the europe i don't know union, that they were going to go through everybody's savings account and issue a cull, a tax of 200-some
8:13am
odd bucks, but the idea that they could go into your savings account and just skim to pay for this is -- is nuts. now -- flashback a few weeks ago to the imf coming out and having this mia culpa, where they said that whole thing about austerity we were pushing ruined economies -- it was the dumbest thing we could have asked for. and the real story behind greece being the assumption around the world has been that greece got into a big financial problem. they were paying too many social entitlement payments to their people. they got under it. they borrowed money to cover it and then they got in too deep. and they got the bailout money and somehow it didn't fix it. and you keep hearing we're going
8:14am
to become greece. >> right. >> hal: it's the gdp versus debt idea. which is stupid. you find out the real story behind greece -- which again, not to get too much like lee camp where you start to lose your money and try to remain funny, but at the same time you are like what the hell -- the greece idea is we'll give you this money but you have to cut your social entitlements. we'll give you this but you have to cut these ridiculous entitlement programs. >> entitlement for social protection? >> hal: it was all kinds of stuff like that. unemployment insurance, their equivalent of medical payments -- it was crappy, but they agreed to it because they were in such dire straits. so the european union says okay
8:15am
we'll do this when you prove to us you have made these cuts. and they are in there the long term -- >> like holding the money hostage. >> hal: right. the money is here, but we really want to see you do these cuts. austerity on steroid for the greek people. it's time to join the european union where everybody is living in snow, and we hate you and your olive oil, and you will cut everything of your social safety net if you want this money -- by the way you got it in the first place is like every other country in the world, you were bs-ed into buying the minus grade securities so you are in
8:16am
debt. but you must cut these things. fine. the account stayed in an escrow account -- this $300 billion bailout money sat in an escrow account for three days and then it went right back to the banks that gave it to them. it never saw the greek people at all. >> when did they discover -- >> hal: immediately -- >> who discovered government? >> yeah, the government said well, we did give it to you, it just went to the people you owe debt to which is these big banks because of the money they screwed you out of doing this shell game that is mortgage securities. it was so messed up. look it up. now this is the really screwry part -- >> i'm not giving you an i don't believe you look i'm giving you
8:17am
an oh my god look. >> hal: so the government of cyprus knows this. and after they go austerity is a stupid way to reinvigorate the economy. keep the workers -- because it's cheaper to people them on staff -- they hate austerity so much, that they don't even start the unemployment process, just keep them working, keep building cars, don't fire them and then rehire them because of the bureaucracy of trying to pay them -- just support our national industries and keep everything flowing until the rest of the world comes back up. which is a really good way to do this, it's the equivalent of
8:18am
doing unemployment without all of the extra bs. so cyprus is going this is what happened to greece no way. and we're certainly not going to let you go into our bank accounts -- >> that's the most amazing. we're going to take a tax off of your savings -- >> hal: they closed the banks in cyprus to prevent that very thing. i think they were closed until wednesday if not still. so they shut the banks so people wouldn't take their money out. because what idiot wouldn't? >> of course. >> hal: because they didn't cause the debt to pay off banks that started this in the first place. so the people of cyprus went this is ridiculous. now when we come back from the break, i'm going to tell you how it got even worse and the idea that you would listen to
8:19am
anything insofar as how to jump start your economy from how the european union and the ims dictate things is stacked upon a criminal case that just came up this week. this is crazy business. i can't even -- i'll tell you about it when we come back from the break. because we don't have time. 1-800-steph-1-2 is our number. i'm hal sparks filling in for steph and the mooks while they are away. we'll be back right after this. >> it is just implied, but we all know what is going on in this thought bubble. the kids don't, but we do. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:20am
8:21am
8:22am
8:23am
>> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> with a distinctly satirical point of view. if you believe in state's rights but still believe in the drug war you must be high. >> only on current tv. ♪
8:24am
>> hal: see how i did that. king zach the train. >> i'm not keeping notes. i should be keeping notes. >> hal: yeah step up and take your seat. it's to the left? i mean come on? >> yes. >> hal: last time aboard the train that goes around the world -- this is our last hour. >> you are making me sad. i'm a little bit of a crier. i'm the last day of camp crying type of person. >> hal: me too. if i start crying about something, i will look for other things to cry about just to get them in. if your sad movie makes me cry, i'll start going what is that
8:25am
book that makes me cry -- the problem is i often get deliveries while that is happening. you are weeping and sobbing horribly, and there is a package, and you have to go the kidney has arrived. >> if you are not a crier, i don't think you appreciate what that feels like. but that good deep cry -- >> hal: medically, and i'm willing to be corrected on this but i think it's one of the only ways you can release certain toxins from the body healthfully -- tears are actually a great way to get rid of certain toxins. >> you would think with all of the sweating i do -- >> hal: yeah it's not the same.
8:26am
before the break -- >> this is really fascinating. it sounds really complicated, but the way hal breaks it down it's fascinating. >> hal: every time they say we're going to become greece and they put austerity in it that's the plan. it is absolutely paul ryan's goal. these are not failures to them of the economic system. this is how the system is built. it is built to be a skimming thing. the greek economy is that. here you have a small country that does very well and it is mostly tourist based, you didn't think of it is an industrial hub, and they take some money from their retirement accounts, and they invest it in things so their return is high enough that if it was just a savings account kind of situation the return
8:27am
wouldn't be enough for the aging population, because the mediterranean diet is wonderful for the body, so they live longer, and they invested in securities things that are safe by higher return yields. one being mortgages. >> so they got caught up in our crappy wall street scam -- >> hal: yeah, they amongst other people, including pension schemes across the country sold this bill of goods, you can bet your money on these mortgage securities, these are a-rated and it was all based on what the chinese would call funding peh. which means fart air. >> okay. >> hal: so the -- the greeks have money invested in this -- and then it collapses,
8:28am
and oh, crap we don't have enough for our social safety net -- it's a cascading effect of our stupid non-regulation of -- we don't need cops because cops cause murder kind of idea. >> okay. >> hal: so the greek austerity force happens. they go you have to cut these things to take this money so we'll bail you out -- an elaborate payment system that brought down the greek government and meant to ensure that the greeks do not touch the cash the big three creditors are wiring bailout payments to an escrow account in greece there it sits for a few days before it is wired back for payments on the interest. >> so when did they -- they lent the money in february? >> hal: right. and then -- immediately like
8:29am
within a month -- >> so just past february -- so now they are taking the money that is allegedly going to help the people -- >> hal: this was last year. and it happened immediately. and they are digging this out under this -- >> but this is the interest on the money that was lent last year. >> hal: yeah, before anything actually happened. you are issuing bonds and you are now being forced to pay the interest payment before the benefit of the bonds have accurated. >> now they are just moving money around -- >> hal: right. american savings bonds you want getting that back after the maturity period. but these guys dove on these interest payments right away before any of the effects came around. it was gross. and it is a manufactured
8:30am
skimming of this middle class country with a decent lifestyle -- >> who was doing this? >> hal: the big banks through the imf. so the imf -- 1-800-steph-1-2 is our number if you are as mad about this -- i mean it's gut wrenching -- >> yeah. >> hal: so the imf is the people who came up about this thing about austerity, cut, cut, cut, cut, don't support the weak and down interested toen -- down trodden among you. this week police authorized the home of christine laguard after she authorized a 270 million pound pay out -- the imf chief is going to be
8:31am
prosecuted -- they raid her home -- do you know what it would take to raid the home of -- if you think the o.j. simpson trial was difficult to get them to charge any celebrity with my -- >> this is the head of the imfbring. >> hal: do you know how sure you have to be to be convinced there is guilt in this situation, to raid the home of the international monetary funds chief? >> and they said she paid this money to whom? >> hal: basically she authorized a payment to this guy -- and i'll read about it when we come back. but it ties all together. this woman doesn't think 270 million pounds is -- is money. she just thinks that's what you shuffle around. we'll be back after this. it's crazy. ♪
8:32am
(vo) next, current tv is the place for compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
8:33am
um, hello. these ugly stains are ruining my good looks and style. and good luck using that cleaner. excuse me, miss ? he's right. those are tough hard water stains, and that cleaner's not gonna cut it. truth is, 85% of us have hard water and many don't even know it. you need lime-a-way. lime-a-way is specially formulated to conquer hard water stains. it's 4 times more effective at removing lime scale than the leading bathroom cleaner. see the lime-a-way difference or your money back.
8:34am
8:35am
8:36am
♪ ♪ [ inaudible ] ♪ >> another one i know. >> hal: right. of course you know that one it is just a skinny white girl rocking out. they play this in spin classes. [ laughter ] >> hal: they totally do. >> oh, yeah. they have to. >> hal: on the line with us is
8:37am
my good friend johnny million. hey, john. >> hi hal. i can't believe i'm on the "stephanie miller show." >> hal: i know. we were in a band in high school called the size mow graph. >> that's right. and we had no idea that how much we liked each other until we realized we knew the words so every song. >> hal: and i like you so much more than you will ever like me. all i'm going to say is facebook.com/[ inaudible ] insanity. we have had great conversations about the israeli conversation that has been going on.
8:38am
we're going to play stuff on the show tomorrow dealing with this, especially that off script moment. >> right now he's giving me homework, jacki. [ laughter ] >> we are going to have that clip tomorrow. >> hal: aren't we? >> aren't we john? >> better you than me my love. [ laughter ] >> hal: so it's funny but like some of these -- like the michele bachmann quote and those kind of things we all laugh at but this woman effects policy. >> is she still on some intelligence committee. >> hal: yeah in a fit of total irony that we have not seen since mark foley was on the committee for missing and exploited children. >> you made that up. >> hal: no mark foley who knew he was doing this kind of stuff around pages for upwards of a decade put him on the committee --
8:39am
>> that's not the committee though. >> hal: yeah he was on that. but regardless, you know this is similar -- i think michele bachmann being on intelligence -- >> oh, easelly, or the rape is a gift from god guy being on the science committee -- or know the women's body has a way of shutting the whole thing down -- >> todd akin. >> akin. >> hal: passive prologue with these guys his only mistake if you listen to them was saying it. >> uh-huh. >> hal: we have got to stop these guys from saying these things. >> yeah, that's how they are trying to remake everything. the whole rebranding of the republican party isn't about
8:40am
policy it's about like you said before, different pizza box, no matter how bad the pizza is. >> hal: and reince priebus was on morning joe this morning. did you catch it? >> no but i have a feeling i need to catch a clip from it. i love how he talks like a disgruntled drunk sailor. >> hal: yeah. in this case he -- i think it was -- what is his name -- i want to say mark stein from "huffington post." >> sam stein. >> hal: sam stein. thank you. sam stein said i have a question for you. he says what would you say to a socially -- to a fiscally conservative person who viewed themselves as a republican but viewed away from the republican party simply because they are gay, and the lack of support for
8:41am
marriage in the republican party drives them away? and he goes it's kind of like i have a great marriage and my wife and i don't agree on everything. and it's like, yeah but you don't deny rights to your wife. i maybe he does and maybe she is in to that kind of thing, so knock ourselves out, but once you legislate on that issue -- hey, sometimes i want pizza, and sometimes she wants a shoe up against her head. and you go those are two things you want. >> and you had a conversation with a caller earlier this week where he was saying something about the christians and their beliefs on homosexuality, and you had to point out that a belief is a belief but you are not going out of your way to
8:42am
legislate against someone else's rights. >> hal: you denigrate your belief system -- especially if it is life related like murder or theft or removal of property without due process those kinds of things. so two people may have a difference of opinion that doesn't have a faith belief in it, but once you get into the area of i think women should be forced to wear a clothe over the top of their head well, i don't, and a lot of the women don't, so you can't bring that in. >> i still see bumper stickers saying fight for your religious freedom. >> it's the war on christmas. they put up christmas
8:43am
decorations right after thanksgiving so we're good. >> hal: the creeping sharia -- >> that sounds like a disease. >> i might need a powder for that. >> drop your shorts and bend over -- [ laughter ] >> hal: so i would -- it's very hard to find the people who -- who fear the creeping sharia as an ideology not as a -- >> it's a symptom -- >> hal: yeah it's metallica song.
8:44am
no anyways the keep who is fear creeping sharia almost without exception -- exception exception -- berkas is the one issue, ask them about a rape victim and they say should should have been wearing more clothing. but those people who support creeping sharia support almost every aspect of it. the anti-gay the beating your children -- >> they are not prowomen to begin with. >> hal: no. and they are certainly anti-gay. and here is what i think -- and this leads back to the imf conversation in the last couple of moments we have johnny million with us and we'll have him the whole two hours tomorrow
8:45am
on the radio, and there will be the david bender show it's a great way to listen to steph's show when you are out of range of a radio -- >> when you are in the midst of your seven-hour hike -- >> hal: yes, where the heritage foundation has bought up all of the radio towers, and is paying the right-wingers to stay on the air -- >> i was saying if you are going on a steph-like hike in honor of steph -- >> hal: yeah, take your smartphone -- >> and call for help when you run out of energy. >> hal: yeah, she doesn't run out of energy. >> no. >> hal: so -- but the creepy sharia folks -- >> yes, how does that relate back to the imf, though? >> hal: i'm getting to that. one of the things i believe that
8:46am
the american economic structure has against the muslim world and really they actually care more about than any kind of religious conflict and stuff, and i think the imf behavior leans towards this and the three big creditors that were man handling greece last year -- treating greece like it has taught the world to treat their partners over the years -- you're welcome -- is that they still use the rule of -- of interest loan -- interest-based loans are a violation of their religion. usury, which is the lending of money for financial return in the form of interest as opposed to investment is against the old testament, and it's against muslim belief -- >> making money off of lending money. >> hal: yes, is -- is part of all of the deep religions of the
8:47am
abrahamic tradition. orthodox jews can't operate that way, nor can muslims. now if you are a big bank and your entire system is based not only on lending money and interest but using that as a machine for keeping people in debt circular throughout their entire lives, it is a social engineering tool, and you can use it as a way to keep people where they are living paycheck to paycheck it's a great tool for that and the interest itself can stop a business in its tracks early, because you start a restaurant you know -- you owe interest after the first month. >> right, your interest -- >> hal: and muslim banks and the
8:48am
non-usury format means you get interest when you start making a profit. so you give me 10% of the profit once you start making money. if you can't pay your rent, you use part of your loan to pay the rent as the business starts to build, and usury is one of the ways that really hamstrings business -- >> and that's why they don't like it? >> hal: they hate it. if muslim banks started opening up, we would be like i hate the religion, but the idea that you guys make money if i make money -- you have to make the same tap dance in front of a bank anyway what the hell? so i think that's one of the big
8:49am
snags is that they are afraid that the monetary system of the muslim world will actually creep -- >> but you think someone like michele bachmann -- i don't think she thinks that deeply into it. >> hal: right. because they wouldn't support her for their religious beliefs. >> isn't somebody like michele bachmann just blurting stuff out in the same way that the constantly republican or conservative will speak their mind in what they actually believe like the governor of ohio saying i have no problem with civil unions and then you contact their office and they get a walk back. they get told what to believe -- >> hal: uh-huh. there's a reason why, you know, bill o'reilly does talking points on his show, reads them to you like a child as they
8:50am
scroll buy by colbert makes great laughter of, but by the way, bill o'reilly that's the first time he has seen those words. i'll write it later -- and that was by the way on hard copy or whatever -- >> google that google bill o'reilly will do it live -- >> i think a lot of people have seen that by now. >> hal: oh totally, but those are marching orders. >> he attacked me once on the talking point segment -- >> just once? >> yes. and my father had watched bill o'reilly -- and i said you know he attacked me dad on the air. and dad won't watch him anymore. >> hal: just to clarify in case anybody is grabbing clips to put on bill o'reilly show. bill o'reilly is a pin head with a manhood problem. he shouts and forces his ideas
8:51am
on people through cut mics and silliness. and anybody who listens to my show, if i come across a conservative who differs with me, i will engage that person and the only time i will shout them down is i think they are being derogatory -- >> over, over that's what anybody says. if they try to debate you, they are blown away by the fact that you give them time. >> hal: and bill o'reilly is a coward in that regard. write this down news busters, bill o'reilly is a coward, and he should retire with a luffa somewhere. he is an opportunistic infection as far as journalism goes. johnny million we have to take a break -- >> all right. i'll see you tomorrow.
8:52am
>> hal: yes, right. hsrp tomorrow. thank you johnny for calling in this week. we'll get a couple of calls when we come back, and say our good-byes for the week too. >> i'm kind of known for having a quick sense of humor. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:53am
while your carpets may appear clean. it's scary how much dirt your vacuum can leave behind. add resolve deep clean powder before you vacuum to expel the dirt within your carpets. resolve's deep clean powder is moist. absorbing and lifting three times more dirt than vacuuming alone. leaving you with a carpet that's truly fresh and clean. don't just vacuum clean. resolve clean. they think this world isn't big enough for the both of them. but we assure you - it is.
8:54am
bites. little greatness. [ male announcer ] it's red lobster's lobsterfest our largest selection of lobster entrees like lobster lover's dream or new grilled lobster and lobster tacos. come in now and sea food differently. visit redlobster.com now for an exclusive $10 coupon on two lobsterfest entrees.
8:55am
current tv is the place for true stories. with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines.
8:56am
real, gripping, current. documentaries... on current tv. ♪ ♪ yeah, yeah yeah ♪ >> hal: if any song sums up my week with tony, it's i love it loud. listen to this first line. ♪ [ inaudible ] ♪
8:57am
>> hal: that's right. no i never could be tamed. better believe it. i love it loud. >> i'm feeling a little pouty. >> hal: yeah. >> i am. >> hal: we only have four minutes -- >> i want to stomp my feet and throw a tantrum. >> hal: that's why you got to come on the saturday show with us as a regular thing, and we'll build it into something beautiful, and you can still make it to spinning. >> yeah, i can go early. >> hal: i just posted on twitter the two articles i was talking about the greece bailout, and the new story about the imf chief getting raided. and this is stuff she did in france. it has taken them ten years to
8:58am
build a case against her. so they took their time. she built her way to be the chief banker of the world by the way, obviously she's innocent until proven guilty and all of these other things but if any indication of how they treat economies and how they actions have paid out, it's a good indicator. let's get two calls real quick. andrew in california, real quick. >> caller: hey, hal, how are you doing today? >> hal: great. >> caller: it's been a really good week. i appreciate you filled in for stephanie. your conversations and topics are, you know, are really highbrow. i have to take a couple of extra energy drinks. >> i'm excited >> hal: she discovered these
8:59am
this week. >> caller: i would give you guys a grade of an a minus. >> hal: that's fine. >> it's nice that you know the chinese word for air fart but not being able to find it on the sound machine -- >> he has his own box. >> caller: okay. tony if you could have found the lunatics have taken over the asylum -- >> i'll get it for next >> caller: and as far as jacki goes, any morning i get to see more jacki is going to be a good day. >> oh, thank you. >> hal: let's go to weezy. >> caller: oh, my god hal. i love your show.